Tuesday 11 March 2014

Welcome!

Hello! I'm Nicola. I guess my love for dressmaking started with my love for fashion. Since a young child I have always wanted to wear the latest fashion - which when I look back, often involved me looking rather stupid!! Whether it was a polka dot puffball skirt, white stilettos, (did I just admit that!) or super flared jeans. 

I first decided to get a sewing machine just over a year ago, but it wasn't my intention to make clothes. I'm really short and was sick of paying an average of £12 a go to have my trousers shortened!

But not long after getting my machine, the first series of the Great British Sewing Bee started and that was it - I was hooked! 

I'm completely self taught, (so far!) but couldn't of done it without the help of bloggs and video tutorials like: Tilly and the Buttons and Guthrie & Ghani. (They are my inspiration.)

Infact I'm completely obsessed with reading sewing bloggs, looking at materials and patterns!  

Anyway, that's enough of my waffle for now.

By the way, I'm new to blogging too, so hang on in there with me, while I learn!

I hope my blog may inspire you to take up sewing too.

Next time I hope to share with you what i've made so far.

Feel free to comment and share your sewing experiences.

Bye for Now!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Only positive comments allowed here!